Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Pancakes

I do so apologize that it has been so long since I have posted anything on my blog, but life has its way of taking over...and in our case it took over our entire household and moved us(literally) in the most dramatic way - from a hobby farm in Minnesota to a travel trailer that is now parked in The Woodlands, Texas.

So, now that the boxes are packed and we are living on the minimals...it seems I have a little more time to get to some of those things that got put to the side while our moving was going on, like blogging.  Of course, you will notice that my kitchen is not what it used to be (actually not even a fraction and some of that is even outside) but good food is plentiful here in Texas and I plan to make the most of all the ingredients I have close by from the many sources I have already discovered in this area.

Onto the recipe at hand:  Whole What Chocolate Chip Pancakes


Here is what you will need:
3 cups Soft White Whole Wheat (Pastry flour), freshly milled
1 3/4 cups Milk
2 Eggs
2 Tablespoons Vinegar
1/4 cup Honey
1 teaspoon Baking powder
1/2 teaspoon Baking soda
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1/4 cup Coconut oil
Organic Chocolate Chips

Mix all of the ingredients (minus the chocolate chips) into a large bowl...









...and stir.

Now, on a hot griddle, ladle out the batter, top with a desired amount of chocolate chips, and cook until completely baked inside and out.

My outdoor kitchen



No comments:

Post a Comment

Sharing in the context of love and truth helps us all grow in who God desires us to be. Please feel free to share comments that are beneficial to the purpose of this site and in pursuing godly, healthy living.