Thursday, May 1, 2014

Soaked Chocolate Muffins


You would not believe the amount of chocolate I cook with each month for our family of 5...and it is not because I really love chocolate all that much, it is my husband and children that absolutely crave it.  I do admit that I have a weakness for butter cream frosting, and would take it any day over chocolate, but then again I can't see needing to have it on my breakfast items as much as those listed above like to have chocolate in theirs.  

So, to satisfy this "need for chocolate" and my desire to keep my family fed in a healthy manner, I came up with this recipe...which is now a weekly staple in our home.

Ingredients:
List #1
  • 4 cups soft whole wheat flour
  • 3/4 cup organic cocoa powder
  • 3/4 cup organic carob powder
  • 1 cup SUCANAT
  • 2 1/2 cups of a mixture of any of the following:  milk, whey, yogurt, and/or milk kefir
  • 4 eggs
  • 4 Tablespoons melted butter
  • 2/3 cup grape seed oil
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla
  • 1 cup organic chocolate chips

List #2
  • 2 Tablespoons non-GMO baking powder

Mix all of the ingredients in List #1 together and then set aside, covered, for at least 8 hours.


When you are ready to bake the muffins, add in the baking powder from List #2, mix...


...and scoop into muffin cups or small cake pans.


Bake at 350 degrees for 10 to 25 minutes (will depend on which size pans/cups you use) or as soon as a knife can cleanly be removed from the center of a cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sharing in the context of love and truth helps us all grow in who God desires us to be. Please feel free to share comments that are beneficial to the purpose of this site and in pursuing godly, healthy living.