Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Gluten-Free Coconut Chia Bars





This afternoon we were snowed in again, and so after I finished school with the kids I decided to make up a few healthy snacks to keep the restless crowd appeased.  And, thinking that I haven't added a new recipe to my site for a while, I thought I would try something new and see if the final product was worthy to share...and thankfully it was!  And if you like the mixture of sweet and salty like I do, you will flip for these really good for you goodies.


Here is what I used for this recipe:
  • 3 cups diced dates in gluten-free oat flour
  • 1 1/2 cups cashew pieces
  • 2 cups large flaked coconut (if using small flaked, cut it down to 1 1/2 cups)
  • 1/3 cup coconut oil
  • 1/3 cup chia seeds
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt

In a large food processor, put the dates, nuts, coconut and chia seeds.





Pulse the mixture until it is all uniformly chopped.



Slowly then add the coconut oil while the food processor is running.


In an oiled pan (using extra coconut oil, of course)...



...press the mixture out evenly and then sprinkle with salt.



Set aside somewhere cool until you can easily cut into bars.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Sharing in the context of love and truth helps us all grow in who God desires us to be. Please feel free to share comments that are beneficial to the purpose of this site and in pursuing godly, healthy living.