Best Fresh Homemade Salsa





Over the years I have made a lot of salsa, and through trial and error I have mostly erred.  Needless to say, I was delighted that I took the time to actually write down all of the ingredients I put in my latest salsa attempt because this time it tasted absolutely delicious...and I wasn't the only one who thought that.


Here is the recipe I have now made three times, all to perfection:

Ingredients:
  • 20 tomatoes (any variety), you can also mix in tomatillos up to 1/2 of the amount
  • 1 cup chopped onion
  • 2 Tablespoons SUCANAT
  • 2 teaspoons powdered garlic
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin
  • 1 Tablespoon dried cilantro leaves
  • 2 Tablespoons lime juice
  • 2 Tablespoons salt
  • 2 - 8 chopped hot peppers, use a more mild variety if you do not like you salsa hot and also remove their seeds.  If you want a hotter salsa use a hotter variety and leave some of the pepper seeds.

First cut the tomatoes in half and squeeze the seeds out of them.  If you are using tomatillos, just use them whole.


Place the seeded tomatoes into a food processor and pulse until well chopped. 


Then add the rest of the ingredients and then pulse the food processor until fully incorporated.


Comments

  1. You're right, you were NOT the only one who thought that!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love salsa. I could eat it all day : ).

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Sharing in the context of love and truth helps us all grow in who God desires us to be. Please feel free to share comments that are beneficial to the purpose of this site and in pursuing godly, healthy living.

Popular posts from this blog

Homemade Brie Cheese

Fermented Peanut Butter

Homemade Chihuahua Cheese