Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Spicy Thai Beef & Peanuts

 
It was one of those nights when I pulled a couple of pounds of hamburger out of the freezer at the last minute and then thought to myself, "Now what I can I do with this that won't bore the entire family?"  Well, after a bit of looking through the refrigerator and cupboards while thinking about what was left in the garden this is the recipe I came up with.  It was a crowd pleaser and I am looking forward to leftovers tomorrow...if I get them before my husband and kids snag them.

Here is what you will need for this recipe:
  • 1 pound hamburger (2 pounds if you have teenage boys like I do)
  • 16 ounces of brown rice noodles
  • 2 carrots, finely julianned
  • 1/2 cup peanut butter, fermented if you have it
  • 1 cup stock (beef or chicken)
  • 1 teaspoon chili powder
  • 1 Tablespoon tamarind paste
  • 1 Tablespoon Braggs liquid aminos
  • Peanuts to garnish

Brown the hamburger.


Cook the noodles per the package directions.


Boil the carrots for just a few minutes in a 1/4 cup of water and boil until the water is cooked off, but watch carefully so as not to burn the carrots.


Mix the sauce, heat, but do not boil, especially if you are using fermented peanut butter because the high heat will kill all the good enzymes and probiotics.


To serve, allow everyone to assemble their own plates with the meat, noodles, sauce, carrots, and peanuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sharing in the context of love and truth helps us all grow in who God desires us to be. Please feel free to share comments that are beneficial to the purpose of this site and in pursuing godly, healthy living.