Fermented Peanut Butter Frozen Cheesecake


This past week-end I was looking in my refrigerator, which was full of cheese because our new cow is giving us 5 1/2 gallons a day and I have been making cheese just about every other day, and I realized that I needed more room for milk storage.  That thought process then led me to realize that the big jug of fermented peanut butter needed to be used up and that was when I figured I could whip up a dessert the whole family would eat, and I would also solve my frig space issue.  Below is the recipe I came up with and by the way, my family finished this cheesecake off so quickly that I think I will be making another cheesecake later this week.

Here is what you will need:
1 1/2 cups cookie/sweet cracker crumbs
2 Tablespoons melted butter
1 cup heavy cream
2 Tablespoons honey
1 1/2 cups fromage blanc
1 1/2 cups fermented peanut butter
1 cup SUCANAT
1/4 cup coconut oil
1/4 cup honey
2 Tablespoons cocoa powder

First, the crust is made by mixing the crumbs with the melted butter and then pressing the mixture into the bottom of an 8-inch spring-form pan.



Next, the SUCANAT is powdered by putting it in a coffee mill made blending the granules into a powder.



In a bowl then the heavy cream is whipped with the 2 Tablespoons of honey and then the fromage blanc, fermented peanut butter, and milled SUCANAT are added in and mixed together to make the cheesecake filling.


The filling is then layered on top of the prepared crust.



Finally, the coconut oil, 1/4 cup honey, and cocoa powder are mixed in a small bowl and then spread over the top of the cheesecake filling.




Put the cheesecake in the freezer for at least 3 hours before serving.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Homemade Brie Cheese

Fermented Peanut Butter

Homemade Chihuahua Cheese