Gingerbread, Date, and Cranberry Sugar Plums





To finish off a meal it is nice to have a little something sweet to cleanse the palette, but most of the time I don't have room for a large dessert nor do I want to add many more calories to my already finished meal.  One way I have found I can satisfy my "sweet" craving without going overboard is by making sugar plums and keeping them in the refrigerator for those times when I just need a little something extra to finish off my meal.


Here is a recipe I created with some leftover gingerbread biscotti that I think ranks up there with my posts of two other favorite sugar plum recipes:  Chocolate  Peanut Butter Sugar Plums & regular Sugar Plums:

Ingredients:
  • 1/4 cup almonds
  • 8 Tablespoons of flax, whole by measure and then milled
  • 4 pieces Ginger & Cranberry Gingerbread Biscotti, broken into pieces
  • 3 cup dates pieces (I buy mine coated in oat flour)
  • 1 cup sweetened cranberries
  • 2 cups finely chopped coconut flakes
  • 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted

Place all of the dry ingredients in a 12-cup food processor and blend until fully incorporated.


Start up the food processor again and slowly pour in the coconut oil and process until well mixed.

Transfer the mixture to a container that is easy to work from.


Take a Tablespoon (or so) of the mixture at a time, form a ball, and then place them onto a sheet.


Refrigerate the sugar plums until hardened and then store in the refrigerator for as long as they last.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Homemade Brie Cheese

Fermented Peanut Butter

Homemade Chihuahua Cheese