Sun Dried Tomato Quesadillas


For a quick dinner tonight I whipped up a batch of these quesadillas using some leftover soaked grain sourdough flour tortillas along with my homemade taco seasoningMy reason for adding the sun dried tomatoes was because after this long winter I am just yearning for a touch of summer in my cuisine. 

By the way, these tomatoes were not really sun dried but rather they were heirloom tomatoes I grew in my garden last year and dried in my dehydrator for long-term storage.

Here is what you need to make up these simple quesadillas:
butter for frying  

On top of one tortilla, place 1/2 cup cheese and 1/4 of the tomatoes.





Top the tomatoes then with 1/8 cup cheese and 1/4 teaspoon of taco seasoning.



Top with another tortilla and then place on a buttered 350 degree griddle.


Fry until browned, flip, add more butter and fry the other side until browned.

Repeat 3 more times...and then cut into wedges and serve .

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Homemade Brie Cheese

Fermented Peanut Butter

Homemade Chihuahua Cheese