Soaked Grain Sourdough Flour Tortillas





Frustrated at the fact I could not find a decent recipe for a soaked grain flour tortilla or even one that used sourdough, I decided to do a little experimenting a few days ago to see if it could be done. Thankfully it was a success and the chickens did not have to eat another one of my latest sourdough experiments. (I have to admit I am learning a lot, but one of my attempts this past week was actually so bad even the chickens didn't eat it...ugh!)


So, enough about me and the experiments going on in my kitchen.  Here is the recipe that did work.
 
Start off by mixing the following ingredients in a ceramic or glass bowl:
1/2 cup melted butter
1 cup yogurt
1 cup sour dough starter
3 cups soft/pastry wheat



After letting that mixture sit covered for 8 to 12 hours, knead in the following ingredients:
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking powder

Then heat a griddle to 400 degrees (hotter if your griddle has a higher setting), while you start rolling out the dough.

Grab a piece of dough a bit bigger than a golf ball.


Roll it out with extra flour on a piece of parchment paper.



Then transfer the tortilla to the griddle and cook on each side until small brown spots appear on the surface.


Store the tortillas in a cloth to keep their moisture in and serve warm.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Homemade Brie Cheese

Fermented Peanut Butter

Homemade Chihuahua Cheese