Cheese Filled Mini BBQ Meatloaves

Last night I had teenagers craving meat, so I pulled a pound of ground beef and a pound of ground lamb from the freezer and decided to make some meat loaf.  Now, I know not many of you have ground lamb in your freezer, but since we raise our own I always have some to cook up.  I do tend to mix it with beef though since some members of my family do not love its taste as much as beef.  So, if lamb is not on hand, just use two pounds of ground beef and it will turn out pretty close to the same as mine.

I think these BBQ mini meatloaves would have been even better if I would have had some fresh jalapenos on hand (to stuff with the cheese and then roll into the loaves), but pepper season is a bit of a ways off here in Minnesota and so I will have to wait for another day to try that out with this trial recipe that turned out rather good even without the pepper.

Here are the ingredients I used for this recipe:
1 pound ground beef
1 pound ground lamb
2 cloves fermented garlic
1 slice bread or 1/2 roll, old and dry is better
2 Tablespoons fermented garlic juice
2 medium eggs (or 1 large)
1 Tablespoon Braggs liquid aminos
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/2 cup homemade bbq sauce
1 1/2 cups Fromage Blanc

In a food processor, process the bread and the garlic together until you have garlic bread crumbs.



Next in a mixing bowl add all of the ingredients, minus the Fromage Blanc.


Mix well and then spread out into a baking dish (this just makes it easier to roll the loaves around the cheese).


Make 8 pieces of rolled soft cheese out of the Fromage Blanc.


Roll the cheese inside the meat mixture.


Then put the mini loaves into a mini loaf pan and bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 45 minutes.






It's that easy!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Homemade Brie Cheese

Fermented Peanut Butter

Homemade Chihuahua Cheese