Monday, April 29, 2013

Sweet and Tangy BBQ Sauce Recipe

Tonight I did a little experimenting with some leftovers I had in the refrigerator in order to put together a BBQ sauce to top off our shredded chicken sandwiches.  And, unlike my normal first attempts like this, I actually was able to keep track of what I added to the recipe so I could duplicate it.  (That is my husband's biggest complaint when I make something he loves but then I admit I can't remember how much of the ingredients I put in to make it.)  Well I am happy to say not only did I write it all down, but the sauce also got rave reviews from those who love to smother their shredded chicken in a sweet and tangy sauce.

Here is what the recipe calls for:
  • 1 cup chicken stock
  • 1 cup pureed tomatoes (or leftover vegetarian spaghetti sauce - therefore no meat in the sauce)
  • 1/3 cup SUCANAT
  • 1 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1 teaspoon onion powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 2 teaspoons chipotle chili powder
  • 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
  • 1 Tablespoon cornstarch

Put all of the ingredients in a pot.  



Whisk while heating over medium heat.  Reduce heat and simmer for about 10 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sharing in the context of love and truth helps us all grow in who God desires us to be. Please feel free to share comments that are beneficial to the purpose of this site and in pursuing godly, healthy living.