Spicy 5 Minute Bean Dip Recipe

I absolutely love Trader Joe's black bean dip, but since I live over an hour away from the closest store (and plus I really do like to make everything I  eat) I thought I would take a stab at creating a copy-cat recipe.  Well, after many trials (and many failure - yes, that means chicken food), I came up with the following recipe.  Ever since I made my first batch it has not only been my favorite dip for tortilla chips, but also my oldest son's favorite too.

Here is what you will need to make this recipe:
  • 2 1/2 cups water
  • 1 cup vinegar
  • 1 ½ cup bean flour (any kind will work)
  • 2 tsp each (garlic/onion/chili powders)
  • 3 tsp salt
  • 1 ½ tsp each (cayenne pepper and cumin)

Whisk together water, vinegar and bean flour (this time I used garbanzo bean flour) and then bring to a boil.  

Reduce to a simmer and add all of the spices.  


Cook a total of 4 minutes.   


Serve hot or cold.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Homemade Brie Cheese

Fermented Peanut Butter

Homemade Chihuahua Cheese