This is my all time favorite stuffing. The original recipe for this stuffing was one I took from our life before whole foods. When I updated the ingredients to match our new way of eating I made sure not to compromise the wonderful taste that this stuffing embodies.
Here are the ingredients you need to make this recipe:
- 6 slices of dried sourdough bread, broken into chunks
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup dried papayas/apricots, cut into small pieces
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup roasted pepitas
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
Melt butter and then add in all of the spices...
...and then pour in the chicken stock and heat to boiling.
Next stir in the bread chunks and all other rest of the ingredients and cook until thoroughly heated.