Monday, February 4, 2013

Hot Cocoa

With all the milk we have around here and the cold weather that makes one yearn for something warm to hold in your hands and sip on after braving the weather for any length of time, I had to come up with an easy way to make hot cocoa and still provide our family with all the wonderful enzymes that raw milk has to offer.

Here is my simple recipe:
  • 1/2 gallon milk (warm right out of the cow is the best)
  • 1/3 cup cocoa powder (dutch processed is what I use for cocoa in all my recipes, but in this one it is even more benefical since it stirs in much better than other cocoa powders)
  • 1/3 cup cane juice crystals
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla

Pour the milk into a pan.


Stir in the rest of the ingredients and heat until warm.


Serve in your favorite cup - these were for my son and daughter who had just come in from playing in the the snow.       

Also, the reason I make such a large batch is because I take the leftovers and pour them back into a jar and serve it as chocolate milk.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sharing in the context of love and truth helps us all grow in who God desires us to be. Please feel free to share comments that are beneficial to the purpose of this site and in pursuing godly, healthy living.