Easy Waffles

Yesterday afternoon, my middle son asked if I could make waffles for breakfast for him this morning.  And, realizing I had not made a special breakfast in a while I agreed to whip up a batch.  

The reason I call these waffles "Easy Waffles" is because the recipe does not requires you to mix the egg yolk with the batter and then whip the egg whites separately and fold them into the batter - that is what most recipes for making waffles from scratch call for.

Here is what you will need to make 10 - 20 waffles (it will depend on you waffle iron size):
  • 4 cups whole wheat flour
  • 2 Tablespoons baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 2 Tablespoons SUCANAT
  • 2 1/2 cups milk
  • 6 large eggs ( or 8 medium eggs)
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
  • 3/4 cup melted butter

In a mixing bowl, mix together all the above ingredients minus the melted butter.


Then, slowly while stirring, pour in the melted butter and beat the batter until it is completely incorporated.


Then scoop the batter into your waffle iron and cook per the specifics of your iron.


Hints for even easier waffle cooking:
  • One thing I do to make waffle making even easier is instead of washing my iron each time I use it, I just use the first waffle I make on each iron my "cleaning waffle" and instead of eating that waffle I just put it into the bucket to feed to the chickens.
  • Also, I use two waffle irons at the same time to cut the cooking time in half - you can find waffle irons cheap at second-hand stores.
  • Another thing I do to keep the waffles crisp and warm until they are all finished and everyone can enjoy them together is to set the oven at 200 degrees and lay out the waffles on the racks, making sure to not stack them (that makes them lose their crispness)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Homemade Brie Cheese

Fermented Peanut Butter

Homemade Chihuahua Cheese