Homemade Cinnamon Ice Cream

Here is an adaptation of my regular ice cream recipe - Cinnamon Ice Cream.

I start out with a quart jar and put 1/2 of cane juice crystals and a 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon.


On top of those ingredients, I ladle the cream off the top of one of my whole gallons of milk until it almost reaches the top of the quart container, then top the mixture off with a teaspoon of vanilla.


Put on the lid and shake well.


Store in the refrigerator until you are ready to make the ice cream.

I use a Cuisinart ice cream maker that has a frozen gel insert - it makes the process of making ice cream so much easier than the ice and salt method.  The only problem I have with this ice cream maker is that it only takes a quart at a time.  Most of the time I do not need more ice cream than a single batch, but then there are times when I need more on hand, like when I make ice cream cakes, and I have to plan my batches out days in advance.  

Here is the base for the ice cream maker (left), the frozen gel container (middle), and the ice cream mixture (right).


And, here is what the mixture looks like at first when it is put into the ice cream maker.


Finally, here is what the mixture looks like when it is finished.


Served with chai tea and a slice of crystalized ginger, the cinnamon ice cream was a wonderful dessert enjoyed by the whole family.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Homemade Brie Cheese

Fermented Peanut Butter

Homemade Chihuahua Cheese