Happy New Year!

One of our roosters
 Happy New Year!  I have a confession to make. For many years I have lived a disjointed life. No, I am not Schizophrenic, but my private life does tend to really confuse people when they try to make sense of my personal life with my public and ministry life – each unique side of me just doesn't seem to point to the same person. For years, this dichotomy has drove me crazy, but this year God laid on my heart it is time to make all the disjointed parts of my life one. Thus, the creation of the website you see before you.

Maggie with a new kitten
At first glance at the tabs above, you may notice my life is rather diversified, and as I have been told by some it is “highly interesting”. As I see it, not one part of my life is apart from God because I find Him in every passion I pursue and in those activities/interests I am able to express who God made me uniquely to be for His purposes in this world. I love every passion God has given me equally but differently, thus when I come to Mark 12:30 I know my life's interests show a full spectrum of how I can love God with my heart, soul, mind, and strength and yet still be individually me.

Our house in the winter
My goal each day is to vigorously pursue the passions and purposes God puts before, no matter what the task at hand may be. But also, I want to make you, my reader, part of my life and daily pursuits. For that reason, I will be writing each day on one thing I did to pursue the passions God has given me and I may be as surprised as you as to what He lays on my heart to write about that day.

After a bread baking class
How this site is set up, is that each day I will blog about something related to the tabs you see above. Over time I will categorize my blogs under these labels so it will be easier for anyone to search past blogs and look up information to reference, read, or pass along. My hope is that not only will you be able to see God's work in my life, but moreover you will be able to see examples of how you too can look for God and worship Him in your daily life.

Maggie picking beans in garden

So let's get started. And, for those of you who have followed me in the past on my previous blog, www.sheddinglightonthepath.blogspot.com, thanks for continuing the journey with me. I am looking forward to the year ahead and all that it holds in store.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Homemade Brie Cheese

Fermented Peanut Butter

Homemade Chihuahua Cheese